AAAAAA I DO TOO MANY OF THESE BUT I CAN'T STOP. It's like an addiction. Lately I've had very little time to do "full" pieces, so I've been sketching a LOT over my free time and these only take like 45 minutes to assemble, so they're... pretty ideal, really.
More Leland/Claris having medieval funtimes. Want context? You got it! WITH NUMBERS, for ease of interpretation this time!
1. Somewhere in the middle of the 13th century, this disturbing fashion trend kind of took over: CONEDRESS. Granted, conedress got pretty bad a little later on (1500s Spain, for example? UGH), but this its forerunner: generally long and shapeless and erases all form, replacing it with CONE. It's bold! It's geometric! It's inexplicable! Coming for fall 1254: CONEDRESS.
2. Okay, I did this stupid drawing in ballpoint pen while I was bored at work. We did a game session a little while ago when Claris nommed on some faery guy's blood and got a wee bit high, in the way that faery blood makes you.
Mostly I just wanted to draw her gwomping onto that guy's head.
3. Guys, this is the best horse I've EVER drawn. Please don't laugh at my bad, stiff horse anatomy. This was meant to take, like... five minutes, but those awful legs took me at least an hour to iron out.
4. Claris with bird! This is actually meant to be a "specific" scene, I guess, from the same session with the faeries; after she and Leland went to ground and she was kind of sleeping off the magic-high, Leland got captured (WHILE SLEEPING!) by Ariana, the Queen of the Moon in that particular local pocket of Faerie. Being a bit of a nutter, she trapped him under a boulder beneath a frozen river and intended to drive him stark raving mad, so naturally Claris had to save him, and on her way tromping through Wonderlan...oops, sorry, Faerie... she met this bird. Who turned out to be the same guy she nommed on, in a transfigured form. Whoopsie-doodle.
5. DID YOU KNOW THEY HAVE A DOGGIE? WELL NOW YOU DO.
And Leland is NOT actually 3 feet tall; that dog is just completely freakin' huge. Desmond, the dog, is an Irish wolfhound. They grow incredibly large just under natural circumstances; Desmond in particular is a vampiric familiar, so he got really big once he started getting fed with blood. Bear in mind, though, this size still isn't outside the realm of possibility for Irish wolfhounds. Allegedly they're the largest dog breed in the world.
6. I'm really pleased with this one!
Look at those guys, spending many a long hot night COPYING MANUSCRIPTS.
Seriously, they do this for fun. Lots of Leland's books are actually copies of much older ones he's made as they deteriorated over time, and since Claris wanted to learn how to transcribe, he taught her. Unlike him, she actually includes (and adds) illustrations. In general, I think her copies are probably a lot more attractive than his.
7. Some in-bed nonsense.
8. Leland getting all creepy with Mortal!Claris. Note how gross her hair is in comparison to later!
I'm also rather fond of her stressed-out face. In her defense, she didn't quite know how to react that first time she talked to him and she was REALLY freaked out and thought he was a devil. In retrospect, though, I don't think he got that up-close-and-personal, he just drank out of her wrist.
But this is hot, so I'm'a go with it.
9. Aw, look at that! Maybe he was being creepy in the last picture, but hey, he's a vampire, creepy is par for the course and anyone who acts like this with their pets can't be all bad.
Please don't laugh at how badly I draw animals. It occurs to me this sketchdump is full of them, and as such it's also full of MY ANIMAL ERRORS!
And here's the other sketchdumps... Texture by `Princess-of-Shadows.